Dundas Sports and Recreation Club is committed to our responsibilities concerning community support, responsible service of alcohol, responsible conduct of gaming and your privacy.
Responsible service of alcohol
The responsible service of alcohol is one of Dundas Sports and Recreation Club Groups most important responsibilities. All of the front of house staff have been trained to minimise negative social impact of alcohol consumption and ensure alcohol is enjoyed responsibly at the Club.
Responsible conduct of gaming
Dundas Sports and Recreation Club is committed to providing gaming and entertainment options for our members and guests in a responsible manner. As part of this commitment, Dundas Sports and Recreation Club has been involved in the development of and provision for support in the solutions to problem gaming.
Help is close at hand.
Gamble Aware gambleaware.nsw.gov.au 1800 858 858.
Your player activity is available from the cashier
Register of management and financial information
This club is by law required to keep a register containing information that relates to the management and financial administration of the club. To view this policy, please click here.
Registered under the Registered Clubs Act 1976, Dundas Sports and Recreation Club is covered by the provisions of the Privacy Act 1998.
The principal activities of the club are:
- providing a venue for members and guests to engage in social activities
- supporting the community in sporting events
- providing members and their families with access to a range of services
- providing affordable meals
- providing a safe and friendly environment in which locals can meet
The club is located at 9 Elders Road, Dundas 2117 and enquiries can be made either at the premises, by calling 9638 5900, faxing 9898 0735 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The club collects personal information from members including name, address, occupation, date of birth, contact details and gaming machine usage.
The club collects this information in order to:
- process membership applications
- meet statutory requirements under the Registered Clubs Act and other relevant legislation
- contact members about events and activities provided by the club
- analyse machine gaming usage
Dundas Sports and Recreation Club must comply with the Privacy Act 1988 which regulates, among other things, the collection, storage, quality, use and disclosure of personal information.
Your personal information is collected after you lodge a membership application that has been approved under the Registered Clubs Act.
This personal information may include your full name, date of birth, phone and fax numbers, email address and street and postal addresses.
A recognised form of identification (i.e. passport or driver’s licence) is also required to confirm the details provided.
When or before, Dundas Sports and Recreation Club collects personal information, the club will take reasonable steps to inform you of:
- the purposes for which the information is collected
- where applicable, any law that requires the particular information to be collected
- the main consequences for the user if all or part of the information is not provided We will only use your personal information (including email address) for the purpose for which you have provided it (eg: for application of club membership). We will not use it for any other purpose, nor will we disclose it, unless with your consent or in other circumstances where such use or disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act.
From time to time, we may wish to carry out a voluntary survey for feedback. Before collecting survey results, we will advise you of the purpose of the survey (eg: to gain information for the club to improve services etc).
The club relies on the information provided by members to be accurate and current.
Personal information is stored and archived for a period of seven years. The Privacy Act allows individuals to access & alter records containing their personal information. To change your name on the membership base, supporting documentation from a government source is required. Change of addresses can be done by completing a ‚ÄòChange of Address‚Äô form, by letter or by use of the Internet.
For further information, please contact the Club’s Privacy Manager:
Tel: (02) 9638 5900
E-mail: email@example.com with the Subject line of “Privacy”
Dundas Sports & Recreation Club Ltd House Policy
The Responsible Service of Alcohol
The Dundas Sports & Recreation Club is committed to the enforcement of the Responsible Service Alcohol.
The Dundas Sports & Recreation Club will:
- Not serve intoxicated patrons
- Not serve take-away alcohol to intoxicated patrons
- Not serve minors
- Not serve shots
- Not serve jugs of spirits
- Not allow excessive orders of liquor at the end of trading
- Not supply liquor on deferred payment
- Not encourage binge drinking
- Keep a register of all patrons who have been refused service
- Back their staff in their enforcement of the responsible service of alcohol
- Serve 0.5 nips (1/2) when requested
- Promote awareness of drink spiking
- Supply jugs of fresh water on the bar at all times free of charge
- Ensure that all service staff are adequately trained in RSA
- Not engage in promotions that encourage excessive drinking
- Always provide low & mid-strength alcoholic beverages at a reduced cost
- Always ensure that, if required, a taxi is called for patrons
- Always have coffee & tea facilities as well as non-alcoholic beverages available during trading hours
The Management of Dundas Sports Club will support all actions taken by the staff in regards to the refusal of service to intoxicated patrons.
Patrons are asked to keep in mind that staff as well as the Club can face a fine of up to $5,500 for serving intoxicated patrons